Sometimes the source of a fire is the last thing you’d expect. In this case, an exterior front light sparked a fire that resulted in substantial exterior and interior damage to this beautiful 1910 home. The stunning Edwardian gable style house dated back to the early 1900’s and is part of Century Homes. It needed to be restored, but we also needed to bring it up to current building code standards.
- Demolition of damaged areas and re-framing to code
- Fully rebuilt the upper deck with proper slope and installed a waterproof membrane to code
- Rebuilt the railing system on both upper and lower deck
- Replaced all fascia and soffit in affected areas with upgraded material and tongue and groove soffit with custom crown mouldings
- Upgraded to wooden sash multi-pane storm windows
- Added narrow clapboard siding that matched the existing siding
- Rebuilt cedar tongue and groove ceiling
All of the crown mouldings, door frames, window frames, railings and other building details were custom milled on site, bringing this fire-ravaged home back to its former glory.