An improperly disposed cigarette caused extreme damage to 107 units. The fire also revealed mould that had to be abated from all affected units.
We were responsible for:
- Supplying and installing a perimeter security fence
- Demolishing the 107 units: remove drywall, insulation, gypcrete, cabinets, doors, trims, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, appliances and contents
- Removing approximately 14,000 sq. ft. of damaged roof trusses
- Supplying temporary power generators and temporary power panels for all four floors
- Supplying and installing new trusses and framing
- Supplying and installing new windows to the upper 16 units
- Supplying and installing new shingles to approximately 16,500 sq. ft. of roof
- Supplying and installing new soffit/fascia/siding to the upper 16 units
- Re-energising power to the building
“Thank you to all the staff who made the reconstruction of our home the most pleasant experience, even under the circumstances.”
– Terry and Linda B., Edmonton
In a unique process regarding the demolition of the suites, we used multiple telescopic forklifts with garbage buckets attached to access the upper level and expedite the demo process for the insurance companies. This saved about three weeks of time and labour costs as opposed to doing this the traditional way of hauling the garbage down by bags or using garbage chutes.